Attorneys, compliance officers, accountants, and other professionals who advise clients in the healthcare industry may want to consider attending a coming event next month in Chicago. Featuring Husch Blackwell attorneys Cori Turner and Bill Hopkins, the Fundamentals of Health Law will be held Nov. 15-17.
The American Health Lawyers Association’s event will offer continuing education credits.
The program offers sessions on an array of health law topics, including:
- Overview of the Health Care Landscape
- Fundamentals of Medicare Parts A-B and Medicare Parts C-D
- Fundamentals of Medicaid
- Fundamentals of the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and The False Claims Act
- Health Care Transactions
- Corporate Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Privacy and Security of Protected Health Information
- Tax Exemption and Tax Issues
A member of the conference planning committee, Cori Turner will also serve as the moderator for a lunch presentation on “Tips for Developing a Successful Health Law Career.” Bill Hopkins will present “Introduction to Long Term Care, Home Health, and Hospice Law.”
For more details, visit the event page.