A Dec. 1 Strafford webinar on the legal and regulatory challenges of Ebola will feature five Husch Blackwell attorneys. The 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A will provide guidance to healthcare counsel and their clients in addressing HIPAA and EMTALA concerns when treating Ebola patients.
The panel will discuss state and federal mandatory reporting requirements, employment issues and lessons learned from the first U.S. Ebola cases.
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Employment challenges that arise when a hospital has a patient with Ebola
- Legal obligations of hospitals under EMTALA
- HIPAA privacy concerns and state law confidentiality requirements
Included on the panel are:
- Ed Barker, Senior Counsel
- Stephen Cockerham, Partner
- Joe Geraci, Partner
- Kate Leveque, Senior Associate (Partner effective Jan. 1)
- Lisa Luetkemeyer, Associate
For more information, and to order this live webinar, click here.